We understand the emotional stress associated with conflicts over trusts and estates, especially where family members are involved. Our experienced team are on hand to assist you through the minefield associated with this type of dispute, drawing on the wealth of knowledge we have gained through many years of advising on this specialist area of law.
Our experience includes the following:
- Acting for Claimants, Defendants and Executors in proceedings under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
- Claims to challenge the validity of Wills and Codicils including issues of lack of testamentary capacity, want of knowledge and approval and undue influence.
- Disputes between Executors and Trustees and advising on applications to remove and replace Executors and Trustees.
- Proprietary Estoppel claims.
- Advice on disputes in relation to Enduring and Lasting Powers of Attorney.
- Advice on applications for Court approval of decisions made by Trustees.
- Advising beneficiaries on their entitlement to information and accounts.
- Rectification proceedings.
- Contested Deputyship applications.
Tracy Harris, who heads our specialist team, has been a member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists since 2007. Details of our team are provided below.