Child Custody Solicitors in Hertfordshire & Luton

Our child custody solicitors offer legal advice on the custody of children and aid when seeking a Child Arrangement Order.

Contact Us: 

01582 765111

Please enter your name.
Please enter a valid email address.
Please enter a valid phone number.
Please type your message.

Child custody solicitors with unmatched expertise in child law

If you and your partner have agreed to divorce or separate, one of the most traumatic aspects of the process is deciding who your child predominantly lives with and how arrangements for their care will be shared.

At Taylor Walton, we understand the high emotions and stress of what you and your children are going through right now. If you are finding that your child custody arrangement has been difficult to agree on amicably, or that your child arrangement case is complex and needs specialist support, we can offer quality legal advice to help you reach an arrangement that prioritises your children's interests whilst minimising stress and conflict.

Our child custody solicitors can work with you and your partner on a collaborative divorce to help you both come to an agreement on child arrangements. UK law requires that you both decide on childcare arrangements yourself before it goes to court, however in situations where you cannot both agree or there are special circumstances affecting your case (such as abuse, drug or alcohol dependency or other 'unfit parent' claims) our child custody solicitors can help guide you through the court process until you are granted a Child Arrangements Order (a child custody agreement; the term ‘custody’ is no longer used by the UK courts).

The happiness and wellbeing of children is central to what we do, and our child custody solicitors have worked with thousands of families to help them resolve their legal issues - allowing them to move forward onto happier and more fulfilled lives. We know how child arrangements can cause tension between parents, however with our years of experience, vast knowledge of UK child law and non-confrontational and professional approach, you’ll be relieved to have our child custody solicitors on your side.

For enquiries about our child custody solicitors’ services or to discuss a quick and confidential consultation, call us on 01582 765111 or fill out the enquiry form above, and will get back to you as soon as possible.

"All the staff at the practice are very approachable, helpful and knowledgeable."

- Legal 500

Child arrangement issues that our child custody solicitors can advise on:

Child Support & Maintenance

Child Arrangement Orders

Specific Issue Orders

Prohibited Steps Orders

Parental responsibility for grandparents and extended family

Child custody in the event of parental death

Unfit parent claims

Our Testimonials

'I just wanted to thank you for everything you have done for me and the girls over the last few months, I really do appreciate all your hard work. We are now settled in our new home and can start looking forward to the future.

Thank you also for assisting with the child care matter, things do seem more settled now and X seems a lot happier... should I need further help in the future I will not hesitate to contact you and would not hesitate to recommend your services.'

Will Mercer is solution focused, knowledgeable and knows what he is doing. He provides his clients with good, practical advice and thinks outside the box. He is efficient and effective in achieving successful outcomes. He always adopts a constructive and sensible approach, and encourages his clients to be child focused.’ 

Ben Twitchen is an exceptional solicitor. Ben’s bedside manner and reassuring demeanour were greatly appreciated during a very drawn-out and convoluted case, and his intelligent approach, maven-like insight, and confidence under pressure were absolutely critical to getting the results required. Where financing became an issue, Ben was able to find solutions.’ 

‘Well organised, professional and got the job done, always kept up to date.’ 

'Thank you very much for all your hard work on this matter and taking the pressure off for me as at times I was very much out of my depth, thank you for explaining things so I could understand better.'

Where we are based

Our child custody solicitors have two offices based in the Hertfordshire area (Harpenden & St. Albans) and one in Luton, Bedfordshire.

If you wish to contact one of our specific offices, visit our Contact page for more details.

Why choose Taylor Walton child custody solicitors?

Vastly experienced and knowledgeable in Child Law. We have helped thousands of parents take back control of their and their children's lives through our expert legal advice. Our team have shared decades of experience working with child custody cases and Child Arrangement Orders, so you can be assured that you are in safe hands when using one of our child custody solicitors. 

Quality legal advice with no jargon. Our child custody solicitors give clear and concise legal advice free of unnecessary and complicated legal jargon, so that you can fully understand what to expect from the custody process and make informed decisions for both you and your children.  

A service that is ethical and trustworthy. All Taylor Walton child custody solicitors are members of Resolution – an organisation committed to resolving family legal issues in a non-confrontational way. This means that you can trust us to always advocate for the least conflicting and stress-inducing option when it comes to your children. Find out more about Resolution’s membership code and conduct policy here.   

Consistent communication throughout the process. Our child custody solicitors will keep you in the loop regarding how your case is progressing and offer support should your child custody case need to go to court. 

Will find a solution that suits both you and your children. We know that every family is different, and therefore what they need in terms of a Child Arrangement Order will differ accordingly. Our child custody solicitors will work hard to reach a solution for your children that works in their interests.   

Competitively priced. We frequently review the pricing of other local firms so that our rates always remain competitive. In our first consultation we will be transparent about how much your legal services will likely cost and can work with you to design a bespoke legal package that suits your requirements and budget. 

Meet our Child Custody Solicitors

Frequently Asked Questions

About Taylor Walton

“Taylor Walton are recognised not only among the top 200 law firms and lawyers in England and Wales, but also as the firm that provides the best service in the Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire areas”

‘The Times’ in co-operation with ‘Statista’


Taylor Walton is one of Hertfordshire’s leading law firms. Since opening our doors in 2007, we have helped thousands of businesses and individuals resolve and manage their legal issues, including as acting advisors to FTSE 350 companies, public and private sector organisations, charities and high-net worth individuals.

From our offices in Luton, St Albans and Harpenden, we offer a wide range of legal services, from corporate litigation and residential conveyancing to private client and family law.

We have a ‘people first’ approach that allows us to understand and connect with the businesses and individuals that we work with, and many of our clients have worked with us on a long-term basis due to our high quality and diverse service offerings. Read more about Taylor Walton here.

Get in touch with our child custody solicitors in Hertfordshire & Luton today

Please enter your name.
Please enter a valid email address.
Please enter a valid phone number.
Please type your message.