An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our People & Talent Team as an Apprentice. The People & Talent Apprentice will work towards the industry recognised CIPD qualification whilst gaining invaluable HR experience in an office supporting the People & Talent Partner and working alongside the People & Talent Assistant.
The successful candidate will complete the Level 5 Degree Apprenticeship working towards becoming an Associate Member of CIPD. The apprenticeship will be for a duration of 24 months.
The role would suit candidates who complete their A-Levels in summer 2019 (and satisfy the grade requirements noted below) and who are interested in being trained in an HR generalist role within a law firm.
Whilst the role is predominantly based in Firm’s Luton office, in due course the role will require travel to our other offices in Harpenden and St Albans.
The role will involve supporting the People & Talent Team in many aspects of people management involving a mix of administrative tasks and engaging with staff.
There is scope for increased responsibility after being given the appropriate training and support. Alongside the People & Talent Team, the Apprentice will be responsible for:-
- Keeping the HR database up-to-date, particularly to ensure records relating to the Firm’s payroll are correct
- Collating and shortlisting applications for current vacancies
- Assisting with and, after appropriate training, conducting meetings with staff and external contacts
- Drafting correspondence to staff on behalf of the People & Talent Partner, including regular payroll letters, Maternity Leave letters and resignation aknowledgements
- Booking external professional training for Solicitors and Trainee Solicitors
- Assisting with preparing for new starters, including drafting correspondence such as Contracts, Job Descriptions and Induction Training Timetables
Person and Skill Specification
- 3 A-Levels – predicted minimum of Grade B or above
- Minimum of 9 GCSE’s - minimum of Grade 6 or above
- Genuine interest in people management and the legal sector
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Respect for confidentiality
- Good organisational skills & the ability to prioritise
- Attention to detail
The successful candidate will be available to join the Firm in September 2019
We would be delighted to hear from you if this role is of interest or if you have any questions. Please do make your application by sending a covering letter and CV addressed to Stephanie Simon, People & Talent Partner, email@example.com or by post to Taylor Walton, 28-44 Alma Street, Luton LU1 2PL.