There is an exciting opportunity to join our busy and well-respected Commercial Real Estate Department as a Paralegal in our St Albans office starting mid-December 2019.
The Paralegal role may suit someone who has recently completed a Law Degree and/or the Legal Practice Course.
Purpose of the role:
The role involves providing administrative and transactional support to the Commercial Real Estate Department. The Paralegal will play a pivotal role in the progress of property transactions and processing work within key statutory deadlines often working to very tight timescales (leasehold enfranchisement), duties include; document production and amendment, competent use of the Firm’s document management system, accurate data entry and telephone contact with clients or other third parties as well as general administration.
Key Responsibilities: Under supervision, the role involves;
- Utilising a case management system to ensure property transactions are progressed efficiently and ensuring all aspects are updated within the system
- Providing updates to professional clients, opening files, preparing correspondence
- Under instruction producing precedent documents (adapting where necessary) and preparing/amending key property documents for fee earner approval
- Responsibility for document management – saving key documents electronically and preparing enclosures and copy documents as necessary during the transaction
- Entering and updating key financial information in the case management system and preparing completion statements
- Dealing with post completion administration within the required deadlines and maintaining good housekeeping at the end of a transaction including closing the file
Person Specification: The role requires someone who;
- Has a genuine interest in property law and demonstrates good academics – previous Paralegal property experience will be a distinct advantage
- Has good organisational skills and is unfazed by a fast paced work environment
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Has a ‘get things done’ attitude with a natural sense of urgency
- Has a professional and courteous telephone manner
- Works well in a team
- Is reliable
Candidates must be available to start no later than mid-December 2019.
We would be delighted to hear from you if a Paralegal role is of interest or if you have any questions. Please do make your application by sending a covering letter and CV addressed to Derri Nelson, People & Talent Assistant, email@example.com or by post to Taylor Walton, 28-44 Alma Street, Luton LU1 2PL