Taylor Walton is looking to recruit a Facilities Administrator who provides administrative and practical support to ensure the smooth back-office operational running of its three offices. The role requires flexibility and a responsive hands-on practical approach. Two part-time General Office Assistants report to the Facilities Administrator.
Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the Firm’s Chief Operations Officer, the Facilities Administrator will oversee the daily behind-the-scenes operation of the Firm’s premises and services.
Whilst the role is predominantly administrative; if possible, it is desirable that the Facilities Administrator can support the General Office Assistants, e.g. moving office furniture and basic general maintenance tasks.
- In discussion with the Chief Operations Officer, monitoring and agreeing utility tariffs with a subcontracted specialist
- First point of contact for the Firm’s external office related service suppliers, e.g. the Firm’s cleaning contractors and stationary providers
- Overseeing the Firm’s recycling and secure destruction waste operations
- Responsible for placing and overseeing stationary orders and monitoring expenditure remains within set budgets
- Overseeing postal duties and liaising with the Royal Mail or DX when issues arise
- Organising and overseeing building projects, e.g. office reconfiguration or refurbishments
- Ensuring the Firm is compliant with key office related health and safety requirements and office building security arrangements
- Responding to “emergency” issues e.g. water leak and dealing with general maintenance problems. This may involve specialist third party assistance after internal intervention by the Facilities Administrator (if possible) or a General Office Assistant
Person specification – Skills and Qualities:
- Good organisational skills – key for scheduling annual events, such as service contract renewals
- Proficient IT user, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Flexible and willing attitude
- Practical and pragmatic
- Responsive to requests
- Mandatory clean and full drivers licence for driving the Firm van between offices
- Must be physically able (role includes some physical duties and lifting)
- Supervisory/people management experience would be beneficial
We would be delighted to hear from you if this role is of interest or if you have any questions. Please do make your application by sending a covering letter and CV addressed to Derri Nelson, People & Talent Assistant, email@example.com or by post to Taylor Walton, 28-44 Alma Street, Luton LU1 2PL