Taylor Walton is looking to recruit a General Office Assistant who can provide routine general practical support to all of the Firm's three offices by undertaking a mix of regular office duties.
Purpose of the Role: To provide practical support including duties such as post opening and managing the firm’s recycling, as well as ad hoc requests including small scale maintenance tasks (painting, minor plumbing and moving office furniture).
Key features of the role: The role is not desk-bound; rather a mix of practical duties which will involve time regularly spent in all three offices (Luton, Harpenden & St Albans). Whilst there are duties which must be carried out with set regularity there will be tasks which will occur infrequently or need addressing depending on the circumstances. Having a hands-on, practical approach is essential as is being flexible.
Main duties and accountabilities:
- Management of the firm’s completed file storage system (including keeping database up-to-date) and maintaining an orderly warehouse facility
- Dealing with recycling and secure destruction waste
- Postal duties
- Making local deliveries
- Moving office furniture
- Resolving minor plumbing issues, carrying out office equipment repairs and replacing lighting
Person specification – skills and qualities
- Flexible and willing attitude
- Practical and pragmatic
- Responsive to requests
- Must have a clean and full drivers licence (travel between offices is in the firm van)
- Must be physically able (role includes physical duties and lifting)
We would be delighted to hear from you if this role is of interest or if you have any questions. Please do make your application by sending a covering letter and CV addressed to Derri Nelson, People & Talent Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Taylor Walton, 28-44 Alma Street, Luton LU1 2PL