Taylor Walton is looking to recruit a Legal Secretary to provide transcription and administrative support to our busy Commercial Real Estate fee earners based in our Luton office. The successful candidate will work alongside a team of experienced secretaries.
Key Responsibilities - The successful candidate will, after full training, be expected to;
- Receive and courteously handle clients’ enquiries, whether in person or over the telephone and provide accurate messages
- Prepare and amend documents, such as leases, utilising the Firm’s bank of precedents incorporating specific instructions
- Copy typing
- Open, save into and close matter files
- Generally assist the relevant fee earner in the handling of the legal affairs of clients and other office matters.
Person and Skill Specification -
- Confident and accurate touch typist – some experience as a secretary in a law firm will be advantageous
- Some experience of audio transcription
- Competent user of Microsoft Word and word processing including standard formatting commands
- Good communication skills and a team player
- Genuine enthusiasm for working in a law firm and willing to learn
- Is flexible and can work in a team
- Demonstrates a natural sense of urgency
We would be delighted to hear from you if this role is of interest or if you have any questions. Please do make your application by sending a covering letter and CV addressed to Stephanie Simon, People & Talent Partner, email@example.com or by post to Taylor Walton, 28-44 Alma Street, Luton LU1 2PL