We are currently looking for a Paralegal to join our St Albans office to join our established and reputable Residential Conveyancing Department. Under supervison the successful applicants will contribute to providing administrative support within a very fast paced environment to a number of busy fee earners. The Paralegal role may suit someone who has recently completed a Law Degree and/or the Legal Practice Course.
Please note that this role is not a stepping stone to a Training Contract.
Purpose of the role
The Paralegal will be available to provide hands-on transactional support to fee earners and Partners within the department - initially under supervision with increased autonomy with experience and demonstrated capability.
Key Responsibilities: Under supervision, the role involves;
- Utilising a case management system to ensure property transactions are progressed efficiently and ensuring all aspects are updated within the system
- Providing quotes to prospective clients, opening files, preparing initial new client correspondence
- Under instruction producing precedent letters (adapting where necessary) and preparing key property forms for fee earner approval
- Providing verbal/email progress reports to the relevant supervising fee earners, clients and other parties involved in the transaction
- Responsibility for document management – saving key documents electronically and preparing enclosures and copy documents as necessary during the transaction
- Entering and updating key financial information in the case management system and preparing completion statements
- Dealing with post completion administration within the required deadlines and maintaining good housekeeping at the end of a transaction including closing the file
Person Specification: The role requires someone who;
- Has a genuine interest in property law and demonstrates good academics – previous Paralegal property experience will be a distinct advantage
- Has good organisational skills and is unfazed by a fast paced work environment
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Has a ‘get things done’ attitude with a natural sense of urgency
- Has a professional and courteous telephone manner
- Works well in a team
- Is reliable
We would be delighted to hear from you if the Paralegal role is of interest or if you have any questions. Please do make your application by sending a covering letter and CV addressed to Derri Nelson, People & Talent Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Taylor Walton, 28-44 Alma Street, Luton LU1 2PL