We are currently looking for a Paralegal to join our St Albans office to join our established and reputable Residential Conveyancing Department. Under supervison the successful applicants will contribute to providing detailed administrative support within a very fast paced environment to a number of busy fee earners. The Paralegal role may suit someone who has recently completed a Law Degree and/or the Legal Practice Course.
Please note that this role is not a stepping stone to a Training Contract.
Purpose of the role
Working closely with a Partner, the Paralegal will be available to provide hands-on transactional support. Increased independence and autonomy will be granted to the Paralegal as experience develops and the necessary capability is demonstrated.
Key Responsibilities: Under supervision, the role involves;
- Utilising a case management system to ensure property transactions are progressed efficiently and ensuring all aspects are updated within the system
- Providing quotes to prospective clients, opening files, preparing initial new client correspondence
- Under instruction producing precedent letters (adapting where necessary) and preparing key property forms for fee earner approval
- Providing verbal/email progress reports to the relevant supervising fee earners, clients and other parties involved in the transaction
- Responsibility for document management – saving key documents electronically and preparing enclosures and copy documents as necessary during the transaction
- Entering and updating key financial information in the case management system and preparing completion statements
- Dealing with post completion administration within the required deadlines and maintaining good housekeeping at the end of a transaction including closing the file
Person Specification: The role requires someone who;
- Has a genuine interest in property law and demonstrates good academics – previous Paralegal property experience will be a distinct advantage
- Has good organisational skills and is unfazed by a fast paced work environment
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Has a ‘get things done’ attitude with a natural sense of urgency
- Has a professional and courteous telephone manner
- Works well in a team
- Is reliable
Strictly No Agencies
We would be delighted to hear from you if this role is of interest or if you have any questions. Please do make your application by sending a covering letter and CV addressed to Derri Nelson, People and Talent Assistant by email: email@example.com or by post to Taylor Walton, 28-44 Alma Street, Luton LU1 2PL