There is an opportunity for a part or full time Legal Secretary based in our Luton office to provide support to a number of Solicitors across different departments within a team of other experienced Secretaries.
The secretary will be based in the Central Department and will receive work from a number of different legal departments, including Residential Conveyancing, Commercial Real Estate and Employment - please note that there is a heavy bias towards Residential Conveyancing work. Candidates should have experience as a legal secretary in at least one of the practice areas listed - experience in Residential Conveyancing will be a distinct advantage.
Purpose of the role: The Secretary will be available to provide administrative support to a number of Solicitors within a team of other experienced Secretaries.
- Audio transcription
- Responsibility for the maintenance of an accurate case management database and up-to-date paper correspondence files
- Opening files, preparing paper correspondence files and drafting letters to clients for fee earner approval
- Deal with post completion administration within the required deadlines
- Any other ad hoc administrative tasks
Person Specification: The role requires someone who:-
- Has good organisational skills
- Has fast and accurate typing, audio and Word Processing skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Works well in a team
- Demonstrates a helpful and willing attitude
- Has had previous experience working with legal matters
We would be delighted to hear from you if this role is of interest or if you have any questions. Please do make your application by sending a covering letter and CV addressed to Stephanie Simon, People & Talent Partner, email@example.com or by post to Taylor Walton, 28-44 Alma Street, Luton LU1 2PL