There is an opportunity in each of our branch offices (Luton Harpenden and St Albans) for a Legal Secretary to join join our Secretarial Team providing support to a number of Solicitors across different departments within a team of other experienced Secretaries. The successful candidate will join a Team of secretaries who receive work mainly from Solicitors based in our Residential Conveyancing department.
The Secretarial Teams in Harpenden and St Albans also provide support to our Private Client, Family and Commercial Real Estate departments, whilst the Luton based Team Secretary will also support Commercial Litigation, Employment and Corporate & Commercial Solicitors.
Please note that as mentioned there is a heavy bias towards Residential Conveyancing work. Candidates should have experience as a legal secretary in at least one of the practice areas listed - experience in Residential Conveyancing will be a distinct advantage.
- Audio transcription - via digital dictation software called BigHand
- Responsibility for the maintenance of an accurate case management database and up-to-date paper correspondence files
- Opening files, preparing paper and electronic correspondence files and drafting letters to clients for fee earner approval
- On behalf of the relevant fee earner, liaising with clients via email and telephone
- Other administrative tasks, such as photocopying and collating office copies
Person & Skill Specification:
- Demonstrates fast and accurate typing (min 50wpm)
- Is accurate and pays close attention to detail
- Familiar with Microsoft Office - specifically proficient in Microsoft Word
- Has a natural sense of urgency and who is self-motivated
- Works well in a team
- Demonstrates a helpful and willing attitude
- Has previous legal secretarial experience
We would be delighted to hear from you if this role is of interest or if you have any questions. Please do make your application by sending a covering letter and CV addressed to Derri Nelson, People & Talent Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Taylor Walton, 28-44 Alma Street, Luton LU1 2PL