There is a rare opportunity for a Residential Conveyancing Solicitor to join Taylor Walton as an Internal Locum Solicitor. The role would involve the successful candidate covering the annual leave absence of the Firm's reputable Residential Conveyancing department across all three of the Firm's offices: Luton, Harpenden & St Albans. The Internal Locum Solicitor will cover a wide range of holiday bookings in the department including Partner's holiday and also the Head of Residential Conveyancing.
On the rare occasion that there is no holiday to be covered then the Internal Locum Solicitor will be directed by the Head of Residential Conveyancing on where to assist the Team.
The role requires a flexible approach and someone who is able to pick up files at any stage of a transaction. The Residential Conveyancing department deals with a wide variety of conveyancing matters and also a large volime of cases - therefore this role requires someone with the necessary level of experience and someone who can work in a very fast paced environment.
The successful candidate;
- will need to have extensive experience in dealing with a wide range Residential Conveyancing matters - from standard Sale and Purchase files to more complicated new build matters - and be able to quickly read into files and step-in to handle a busy caseload,
- should have experience of using a case management system and experience of dictating work (the Firm uses BigHand),
- have excellent communication skills and be able to easily hand back a caseload to the relevant Fee Earner with sifficient handover notes,
- be able to travel easily, and on occasions at short notice, to any of the Firm's offices located in Luton, Harpenden and St Albans.
The role requires someone with the following qualities:-
- Is able to ‘hit the ground running’ and work in a very fast paced envrionment
- Has excellent organisational skills and demonstrates attention to detail
- Works well in a team with good communication skills
We would be delighted to hear from you if this role is of interest or if you have any questions. Please do make your application by sending a covering letter and CV addressed to Stephanie Simon, People & Talent Partner, email@example.com or by post to Taylor Walton, 28-44 Alma Street, Luton LU1 2PL.