We are pleased to offer the opportunity for a Solicitor to join our reputable Residential Conveyancing team. Working closely with a Partner and other Solicitors/Conveyancers, the successful candidate will be required to provide legal advice, solutions and progress on a wide range of residential conveyancing matters, ranging from standard Sale & Purchase files to more complex work surrounding Transfer of Equity, Equity Release and New Build matters.
This role requires working to tight deadlines to meet completion and other fixed dates and also the ability to work in a very fast paced environment with responsibility for a large number of files.
The successful candidate:-
- Will need to have extensive experience in dealing with a wide range Residential Conveyancing matters - from standard Sale, Purchase and Remortgage transactions to more complicated New Build, Buy to Let and Equity Release matters. Experience and exposure to more complicated and specialist work will depend on the successful candidate's level of capability, more complex work including lease extensions, drafting complex property Deeds, covenants and deeds of rectification will be given to the candidate when deemed appropriate by the Supervising Partner
- Should have experience of and be proficient in using a sophisiticated case management system which will act as the electronic file - an emphasis towards 'paperless fies' is a fundamental part of the role. The successful candidate should also be experienced in dictating work effectively and efficiently to support staff (the Firm uses BigHand dictating software)
- Should have developed efficient systems on how to manage a busy caseload which will involve diarising to ensure key deadlines are met whilst also keeping the Supervisor Partner appraised on matters which are relevant
- Will be able to develop and protect relationships with clients and referrers whilst also increasing their own professional credibility when dealing with existing clients to enable them to bring in new business for the Firm
- Ensure legal knowledge is kept up-to-date and commit to continual self-development
The role requires someone with the following qualities:-
- Qualified Solicitor skilled in this area of legal expertise
- Is able to ‘hit the ground running’ and work in a very fast paced envrionment
- Excellent Organisational skills – robust time management & prioritisations skills as well as having a proactive approach to following-up on requests and matters
- Works well in a team with good communication skills
- Has the ability to work effectively with clients of different backgrounds, ages and with different requirements
We would be delighted to hear from you if this role is of interest or if you have any questions. Please do make your application by sending a covering letter and CV addressed to Stephanie Simon, People & Talent Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Taylor Walton, 28-44 Alma Street, Luton LU1 2PL