Client Matter Inception Administrator (Legal Administrator)
About Taylor Walton
Taylor Walton is a well-established and highly regarded regional law firm with offices located in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire. We provide legal advice and solutions to business owners, FTSE 350 companies, public and private sector organisations, charities and high-net worth individuals.
We organise our legal services by expertise; Commercial Real Estate, Corporate & Commercial, Commercial Litigation, Employment, Residential Conveyancing, Family and Private Client. Clients may well be supported through their business and private life experiences by a number of our practice areas with many clients engaging our services for many years.
Our reputable success is attributed to the calibre of our people. In the same way that we are committed to provide exceptional quality legal services to our clients, we are committed to fostering an engaging and supportive environment in which to work and develop a rewarding career. We are very proud of our exceptionally high staff retention rate and an average length of service unrivalled within our region.
About the Team
The Client Matter Inception Team are responsible for the on-boarding of new and returning clients across the Firm. The centralised team will ensure regulatory obligations are met, with a particular focus on anti-money laundering regulations, for all new client instructions.
The Client Matter Inception Administrator will play a key role in welcoming new clients to the Firm. They are responsible for the administrative set-up for new clients, including opening the new matter on the Firm’s case management system and sending relevant initial correspondence to the client. Whilst most correspondence with clients will be via email, the Client Matter Inception Administrator will require an excellent telephone manner when speaking with clients.
The Client Matter Inception Team work closely with Solicitors and fee earners to ensure new matters are run efficiently and accurately. At this stage, our Client Matter Inception Team are focusing on new instructions for our property departments.
Person & Skill Specification
The role requires someone who:
- Has excellent communication skills and a professional and courteous telephone manner.
- Works well in a team – the Client Matter Inception Administrator will be required to work collaboratively with Solicitors/fee earners as well as the other members of the Client Matter Inception Team.
- Has competent IT skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail.
- Has a natural sense of urgency
Following instruction from the relevant Solicitor/fee earner, the Client Matter Inception Administrator will be responsible for running the new matter process in line with the Firm’s policies and procedures. The role involves:
- Conducting anti-money laundering checks to verify the identities of clients through e-verification checks (through SmartSearch) and obtaining identity documents from clients.
- The Client Matter Inception Administrator will be responsible for checking these documents in line with the Firm’s policy and escalating queries where necessary (for example, where verification and checks flag up warnings where a client is potentially a person of interest – e.g. a politically exposed person).
- Conducting internal conflict of interest checks (to see if Taylor Walton are already acting for clients on another matter). The Client Matter Inception Administrator must ensure results are accurately recorded and any potential conflict issues are escalated in line with Firm procedure.
- Generating new client Firm welcome correspondence in accordance with the Firm’s strict precedent documentation. All client correspondence will be sent by email.Correspondence which needs to be completed and returned to the Firm by the client will need to be followed up where necessary in accordance with set timeframes.
- Collecting client money on account in accordance with internal procedures.
- Liaising with Solicitors/fee earners to obtain required information relating to anti-money laundering, quotes and client set-up.
How to apply
We would be delighted to hear from you if this role is of interest or if you have any questions. Please do make your application by sending a covering letter and CV addressed to Derri Nelson, People & Talent Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Taylor Walton, 28-44 Alma Street, Luton LU1 2PL
Strictly no recruitment agencies