Commercial Real Estate Solicitor
About Taylor Walton
Taylor Walton is a well-established and highly regarded regional law firm with offices located in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire. We provide legal advice and solutions to business owners, FTSE 350 companies, public and private sector organisations, charities and high-net worth individuals.
We organise our legal services by expertise; Commercial Real Estate, Corporate & Commercial, Commercial Litigation, Employment, Residential Conveyancing, Family and Private Client. Clients may well be supported through their business and private life experiences by a number of our practice areas with many clients engaging our services for many years.
Our reputable success is attributed to the calibre of our people. In the same way that we are committed to provide exceptional quality legal services to our clients, we are committed to fostering an engaging and supportive environment in which to work and develop a rewarding career. We are very proud of our exceptionally high staff retention rate and an average length of service unrivalled within our region.
About the Team
Based in our Luton and St Albans offices, our Commercial Real Estate Team is made up of specialist property lawyers which has led to the Firm gaining a reputation as one of the leading property law firms in the South East.
The size and depth of the Team means that we are able to offer a wide range of property related services such as; investment acquisitions & disposals, investment portfolio management, landlord & tenant matters, leasehold enfranchisement, property finance & security lending and commercial property development.
We advise a range of clients including investors, entrepreneurs, developers, retailers, banks and large corporations.
The values of the Team centre around first-class technical expertise and understanding our client’s goals in order to provide the best possible service quality and also a pragmatic and commercial approach to our client’s needs.
Person & Skill Specification
- Commercial Real Estate Solicitor with minimum required level of PQE:
- 5 years+ PQE
- Dedicated to delivering the best possible service quality to clients
- Legal technical competence and a commitment to rounded self-development
- Working largely autonomously, and with increased experience, learning how to develop efficient systems to manage a busy caseload which will involve diarising to ensure key deadlines are met whilst also keeping the supervisor fully appraised on matters
- Efficient and organised working practices
- Credible past consistent financial performance
- Commercial acumen – actively contribute to the new business initiatives of the Commercial Real Estate Team
Your Opportunity to Join our Team
We are pleased to offer the opportunity to join our reputable Commercial Real Estate team based in our Luton office:
Working largely autonomously, the successful candidate will need to be able to provide first-class technical expertise on a wide range of property related services, including; freehold & leasehold acquisitions and disposals, financing & refinancing, acting for landlords granting leases, development and occasional corporate support work. Part of the role will also involve acting for Tenants taking leases and leasehold management work (e.g. Licences to Assign, Deeds of Variation).
The complexity of matters will depend on the candidate’s PQE and will increase with support and supervision as necessary as experience grows.
Other than those already mentioned, key responsibilities of the Commercial Real Estate role are:
- Keeping sufficient electronic files and maintaining an accurate & full live chargeable time record is a fundamental part of the role.
- Developing and protecting relationships with clients whilst also increasing your own professional credibility when dealing with existing clients to enable you to bring in new business.
- Ensuring legal knowledge is kept up-to-date and commit to continual self-development
How to apply
We would be delighted to hear from you if this role is of interest or if you have any questions. Please do make your application by sending a covering letter and CV addressed to Stephanie Simon, People & Talent Partner, email@example.com or by post to Taylor Walton, 28-44 Alma Street, Luton LU1 2PL