Commercial Real Estate Solicitor
We are pleased to offer the opportunity for a Solicitor to join our reputable Commercial Real Estate team based in St Albans. This position would suit a Solicitor of 3-5 years PQE.
Working closely with a Partner, the successful candidate will be required to provide legal advice, solutions and progress the Sale, Purchase and Lease matters of Commercial Real Estate. Experience in the area of leasehold enfranchisement would be an advantage.
Working to develop a caseload of small transactions where work is completed largely autonomously, the candidate will also support the Partner with working on larger, more complex matters. This role requires working to tight deadlines to meet completion and other fixed deadlines.
Person & Skill Specification
- Qualified Solicitor skilled in this area of legal expertise, 3-5 years PQE.
- Excellent Organisational skills – robust time management & prioritisations skills as well as having a proactive approach to following-up on requests and matters.
- Commercial awareness and appreciation of a client’s priorities and objectives.
- Attention to detail and precise drafting.
- Calm under pressure.
- Has the ability to work effectively with clients of different backgrounds, ages and with different requirements.
- Commitment to increasing individual professional credibility with an interest in seeking new business for the Firm.
- The successful candidate will work on a wide scope of commercial real estate matters including freehold & leasehold acquisitions & disposals, financing and refinancing acting for Landlords granting leases, development and occasional corporate support work as well as acting for Tenants taking leases and & leasehold management work (e.g. Licences to Assign, Deeds of Variation). The complexity of matters will increase with support and supervision as necessary as experience grows.
- Drafting is a key part of the role, such as sale contracts, transfers, overage and options, licences, notices and agreements for leases and complex completion statements including the relevant calculations accurately.
- There is some scope to train in and work on leasehold reform work should you wish including enfranchisement and lease extensions if the successful candidate has the relevant aptitude and interest.
- With supervision and increased experience learning how to develop efficient systems to manage a busy caseload which will involve diarising to ensure key deadlines are met whilst also keeping the supervisor fully appraised on matters.
- Keeping sufficient electronic files and maintaining an accurate & full live chargeable time record is a fundamental part of the role.
- Developing and protecting relationships with clients whilst also increasing your own professional credibility when dealing with existing clients to enable you to bring in new business.
- Ensure legal knowledge is kept up-to-date and commit to continual self-development
How to apply
We would be delighted to hear from you if this role is of interest or if you have any questions. Please do make your application by sending a covering letter and CV addressed to Stephanie Simon, People & Talent Partner, email@example.com or by post to Taylor Walton, 28-44 Alma Street, Luton LU1 2PL