Private Client Solicitor
We are pleased to offer an opportunity for an experienced Private Client Solicitor (circa 5 years PQE) to join our St Albans office.
The successful candidate will be required to offer our individual clients expertise in all areas of private client work, ranging from trust and estate administration through to contesting a will, and managing enduring powers of attorney, and will be required to work largely without supervision. Our Private Client Team specialise in assisting with these wide range of sensitive and complex issues.
Actively contributing to attracting and securing new business is also a key part of this role.
Person & Skill Specification
- Qualified Solicitor skilled in this area of legal expertise, 5+ years PQE
- Credible past consistent financial performance
- An aptitude for seeking new business and a confident in public speaking
- Organised – effective time managements and prioritisations skills
- Calm under pressure
- Demonstrates excellent client service delivery and has the ability to work effectively with clients of different backgrounds, ages and with different requirements including ‘business’ clients and ‘high net worth’ individuals
- Provide expert legal advice on the large scope of private client work; including trust and estate administration, inheritance tax planning, court of protection, succession planning and lasting powers of attorney
- Being able to analyse a matter quickly when giving legal advice and being able to quickly establish the key assets within an estate and advise accordingly
- Being able to draft documents that are tailored to take into account the legal complexity and individual circumstances of each matter whilst also drafting them in a way that is clear and easily understood by the client
- Having already developed efficient systems to be able to manage a busy caseload which will involve diarising to ensure all key deadlines are met, keeping sufficient electronic files and maintaining an accurate & full live chargeable time record
- Developing and protecting relationships with clients whilst also actively seeking new business by promoting your own professional profile through attending relevant networking events/seminars and drafting articles
- Ensure legal knowledge is kept up-to-date and commit to continual self-development
How to apply
We would be delighted to hear from you if this role is of interest or if you have any questions. Please do make your application by sending a covering letter and CV addressed to Stephanie Simon, People & Talent Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Taylor Walton, 28-44 Alma Street, Luton LU1 2PL