Residential Conveyancing Paralegal
About Taylor Walton
Taylor Walton is a well-established and highly regarded regional law firm with offices located in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire. We provide legal advice and solutions to business owners, FTSE 350 companies, public and private sector organisations, charities and high-net worth individuals.
We organise our legal services by expertise; Commercial Real Estate, Corporate & Commercial, Commercial Litigation, Employment, Residential Conveyancing, Family and Private Client. Clients may well be supported through their business and private life experiences by a number of our practice areas with many clients engaging our services for many years.
Our reputable success is attributed to the calibre of our people. In the same way that we are committed to provide exceptional quality legal services to our clients, we are committed to fostering an engaging and supportive environment in which to work and develop a rewarding career. We are very proud of our exceptionally high staff retention rate and an average length of service unrivalled within our region.
About the Team
Based across all of the Firm’s branch offices our reputable Residential Conveyancing team is made up of specialist property lawyers which has led to the Firm gaining a reputation as one of the leading property law firms in the South East.
The size and calibre of the team means that we are able to offer a wide range of complex residential property related services such as transfer of equity, buy to let investments and equity release, in addition to the re-mortgaging buying and selling services.
In recognition of the high standards of the Residential Conveyancing team the Firm has been awarded the Law Society’s CQS (Conveyancing Quality Scheme) award. The focus of the team is to deliver a dedicated, personalised service to our clients whilst providing tailored expert legal advice. Our Residential Conveyancing lawyers have an in-depth knowledge of the local and wider property market which acts as a real advantage for our clients
Person & Skill Specification
The role requires someone who:
- Has a genuine interest in property law and demonstrates good academics – previous Paralegal property experience will be a distinct advantage
- Has completed the Legal Practice Course
- Has good organisational skills and is unfazed by a fast paced work environment
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Has a ‘get things done’ attitude with a natural sense of urgency
- Has a professional and courteous telephone manner
- Works well in a team
- Is reliable
Your Opportunity to Join Our Team
We are looking for a Paralegal to our established and reputable Residential Conveyancing Department based in the St Albans team. Under supervision, the successful applicant will contribute to providing detailed administrative support within a very fast paced environment to a number of busy fee earners. The Paralegal role requires someone who has completed the Legal Practice Course.
Under supervision, the role involves:
- Utilising a case management system to ensure property transactions are progressed efficiently and ensuring all aspects are updated within the system
- Providing quotes to prospective clients, opening files, preparing initial new client correspondence
- Under instruction producing precedent letters (adapting where necessary) and preparing key property forms for fee earner approval
- Providing verbal/email progress reports to the relevant supervising fee earners, clients and other parties involved in the transaction
- Responsibility for document management – saving key documents electronically and preparing enclosures and copy documents as necessary during the transaction
- Entering and updating key financial information in the case management system and preparing completion statements
- Dealing with post completion administration within the required deadlines and maintaining good housekeeping at the end of a transaction including closing the file
How to apply
We would be delighted to hear from you if this role is of interest or if you have any questions. Please do make your application by sending a covering letter and CV addressed to Derri Nelson, People & Talent Assistant, email@example.com or by post to Taylor Walton, 28-44 Alma Street, Luton LU1 2PL