Risk & Compliance Executive
About Taylor Walton
Taylor Walton is a well-established and highly regarded regional law firm with offices located in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire. We provide legal advice and solutions to business owners, FTSE 350 companies, public and private sector organisations, charities and high-net worth individuals.
We organise our legal services by expertise; Commercial Real Estate, Corporate & Commercial, Commercial Litigation, Employment, Residential Conveyancing, Family and Private Client. Clients may well be supported through their business and private life experiences by a number of our practice areas with many clients engaging our services for many years.
Our reputable success is attributed to the calibre of our people. In the same way that we are committed to provide exceptional quality legal services to our clients, we are committed to fostering an engaging and supportive environment in which to work and develop a rewarding career. We are very proud of our exceptionally high staff retention rate and an average length of service unrivalled within our region.
About the Team
Based in the Firm’s Luton office, the Risk & Compliance Executive will join the Firm’s Risk & Compliance function supporting the Risk & Compliance Manager (also Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) and Data Compliance Manager).
Heading the team is the Firm’s Risk Management and Complaints Partner (also Compliance Officer for Legal Practice (COLP)).
Person & Skill Specification
Person & Skill Specification
- Relevant compliance experience working within a regulated environment is essential e.g. experience in Anti-money Laundering/Know-your-client/Client Due-diligence/GDPR
- Commitment to self-development and ensuring knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory updates is kept up-to-date
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written – with the ability to speak confidently with senior members of staff
- Efficient and organised working practices – organised with the ability to ensure key deadlines are met
- High level of initiative
- Confident and proactive
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Works well in a team
Your Opportunity to Join our Team
The Risk & Compliance Executive will support the Risk & Compliance Manager in all aspects of risk and regulatory compliance encountered in a substantial law firm such as Taylor Walton. Key parts of the role also centre on data protection, anti-money laundering and client due diligence.
The Risk & Compliance Executive will deputise for the MLRO and Data Compliance Manager in their absence.
- Responding to queries from Solicitors and support staff within the Firm’s Client Welcome Team on issues relating to client due diligence (CDD), know-your-client (KYC) documentation, anti-money laundering (AML) and PEP/sanctions warnings.
- Undertaking AML compliance monitoring of CDD documentation to ensure that internal policies are being adhered to.
- Assisting the Risk & Compliance Manager, in their capacity as Data Compliance Manager, in all areas relating to GDPR compliance.
- Assisting the Risk & Compliance Manager in reviewing the Firm’s policies and procedures ensuring that they are kept up-to-date and in line with regulatory and legislative obligations.
- Assisting with the preparation of key documentary evidence required for the Firm’s annual Law Society Lexcel re-accreditation assessment.
The nature of the work to be carried out by the Risk & Compliance Manager grows evermore in importance across the legal sector
How to apply
We would be delighted to hear from you if this role is of interest or if you have any question. Please do make your application by sending a covering letter and CV addressed to Derri Nelson, People & Talent Executive (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post to Taylor Walton, 28-44 Alma Street, Luton, LU1 2PL
Strictly no recruitment agencies