I am a Partner in the Private Client department based in the Harpenden office. I offer specialist advice on a wide range of issues affecting individuals including Wills and Estate planning, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Probate and Trusts.
My particular strength lies in advising high net worth clients on tax-planning and succession issues.
I regularly assist and advise elderly clients in relation to their affairs generally and in particular on the preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney and their registration. I also act as an attorney for my clients where required.
In addition, I advise on the creation and ongoing administration of Trusts (including tax aspects) and regularly act as a Trustee if required.
Having been in practice specialising in Private Client work for over 30 years, I have an extensive and loyal client base locally, in London and further afield. I often act for different generations of families in dealing with their personal affairs. I also have a significant network of professional referrers with whom I have worked for many years.
I pride myself on developing and maintaining excellent client relationships and providing cost-effective and empathetic advice to a wide range of clients. I always try to go the extra mile for my clients and aim to offer the best possible standards of client care.
I trained and worked for over 10 years with a London firm renowned for the quality of its private client services before moving to Hertfordshire to join Taylor Walton in late 2000. I became a partner in 2003 and have been in the Harpenden office since 2006 when we moved to our current premises in TW House.
Travelling (as much as possible!), concert and theatre trips, spending time with family and friends
- Advising a married couple in relation to estate/succession planning and preparing new Wills providing a flexible and protective solution which could accommodate changing family circumstances against a background of complex family issues
- Advising an elderly couple with business and property interests and their adult children regarding inheritance tax and succession planning and formulating a proposal involving lifetime gifts and tax-efficient Wills designed also to take account of complicated family circumstances
- Dealing with the high value estate of a long-standing client involving assets in various jurisdictions and complex issues of domicile
- Acting as an executor and Trustee for a long-standing client with a problematic family who had set up a range of lifetime Trusts for tax-planning and protection purposes
- Acting as an Attorney for clients of substantial means with no suitable family members to support them
Joined Taylor Walton in 2000
What our clients say
"Alison Voyce was exceptional. Having worked with several major London/international firms in the past I would put Alison up there in the top three I have ever worked with. I cannot recommend her highly enough." -Legal 500