Associate - Solicitor
I am an Associate Solicitor in our Employment Department, based in Luton. I act for both employers and senior executives on contentious and non-contentious employment matters.
I advise clients on a broad range of employment law matters including providing day-to-day HR support to HR departments and OMBs, running Employment Tribunal cases, advising on and negotiating the exits of senior executives and advising on the employment elements of corporate transactions.
I enjoy building relationships with clients and the reward you get knowing that clients are happy with the service you provide. I understand that quite often clients, whether that be employers or employees, have come to me at a stressful time in the employment relationship and I work hard to put my client’s mind at ease and make sure they fully understand all the options available to them. Clients have regularly commented on my friendly and comprehensive approach to providing advice.
I love to Ski and try to go at least once a year. I also play the piano and play a mix of classical and pop/rock music.
- I represented an employer in the Employment Tribunal as the sole advocate at the full merits hearing, successfully defending an unfair dismissal claim brought by an employee who had been dismissed for gross misconduct;
- I advised on the closure and relocation of two workplaces for an employer, covering a number of complex and strategic issues including redundancy, maternity rights, statutory trial periods and retention and relocation bonuses;
- I advised an employee on a complex disability discrimination and constructive unfair dismissal claim against a major supermarket retailer;
- I was the lead employment adviser on the share sale of a business with over 100 employees, workers and contractors;
- I was the lead employment adviser on an asset sale of a LLP in which 35 employees transferred under the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 (TUPE);
- I advised a senior executive on their acrimonious exit from a business including negotiating and advising on their potential Employment Tribunal claims, advising on and negotiating their severance pay and benefits package and advising on the terms and effect of the associated settlement agreement;
- I drafted and put in place a full suite of employment documentation for an employer client including Director Service Agreements, senior and junior employment contracts and an employee handbook.
- I advised an employee client on potential automatic unfair dismissal claims relating to whistleblowing after their dismissal.
Joined Taylor Walton in 2016
What our clients say
“I felt really comfortable talking to Anna from the off-set and really appreciated her warm manner and how information was explained to me in layman’s terms; with real clarity about the pros and cons of different approaches and choices. … It was clear that Anna cared, went above and beyond and was always really thorough and conscientious in her approach to everything she did… I was particularly relieved to be in such capable hands with Anna picking up the final part of this negotiation with such confidence, knowledge and expertise. It really has made a difference to me and helped me close that chapter of my life in a much more positive way.” – Individual, Settlement Agreement
“I have had the pleasure of working with Anna on a number of employment matters over the past few months, and my experience has always been exceptional. Anna provides consistently practical and helpful advice, and can be relied upon to respond promptly if I am under time pressures. She always makes the effort to understand the full context of a situation, and never hesitates to both suggest appropriate solutions, and offer support in achieving these. Anna is friendly, professional and reliable, and is a credit to the team at Taylor Walton.” – Natalie White, Head of HR, Rewind FX Limited, St Albans
“I have found Anna’s advice and attention to detail on this matter very good. Anna always clearly explains the reasoning behind any advice given and dealt with matters efficiently throughout.
I would work with Anna again on any further legal dispute as I am confident in her ability to assist us get a positive outcome, although we hope there won’t be any more!” – Local Business, St Albans
“Anna was unbelievably fantastic! By far the best solicitor I have ever used. Responded quickly, was professional and friendly, clearly knows what she’s doing and was all over the little details. She gave great advice, laying out different options and potential outcomes….really couldn’t be happier!” Individual, Settlement Agreement.