Emily D’Eyncourt Harvey
I am a Trainee Solicitor in the fourth seat of my training contract. I have completed seats in the firm’s Commercial Property, Residential Conveyancing and Family departments. I am sitting my fourth seat in our Private Client department in Harpenden.
Under supervision during my training contract I have gained insight into the strategies and subtleties required to reach a successful outcome for each client- whatever that may look like.
I pride myself on having a balanced understanding of the nuances in each client’s matter, while also being able to adopt a bigger picture approach where this is needed. I am conscientious and proactive.
I have had the opportunity to work with a range of fee-earners across the firm and have learnt a huge amount from each of them. I have particularly developed my drafting skills and recognise the importance of distilling legal documents and processes to make things digestible.
In my spare time I enjoy sport climbing and bouldering, anything equestrian and keeping generally active. I also enjoy travelling and reading.
- Assisting with the running of freehold and leasehold sale and purchase transactions of varying values and complexities
- Completing transfers of equity
- Completing re-mortgages
- Undertaking several first registrations, one of which was for a property with missing title deeds
- Involvement in the running of a children case with an international element
- Involvement in financial remedy proceedings that are both within and outside of Court proceedings with varied asset bases
- Preparing briefs to counsel, bundles for Court, attending conferences with barristers and attending Court
Joined Taylor Walton in 2021