Corporate & Commercial Law - Partner
Simon is a partner in Taylor Walton’s Corporate & Commercial team and has 25 years’ experience with a global law firm in London advising management teams, corporates and investment funds on mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, joint ventures, equity investments, restructuring and other corporate transactions. He was head of the firm’s Global Private Equity Practice.
Representative matters include advising:
- Japan Tobacco on its $8bn acquisition of Reynolds International in 40 countries
- Montagu on its investment in Euromedic and management incentive plan
- Blackstone, CVC and Providence on their bid for Cesky Telecom
- Deutsche Bank and Bivideon on their investments and exit from Ceske Radiokomunikace
- Priceline on its acquisitions of Active Hotels and Traveljigsaw
- Sony Music on its joint venture with Simon Cowell
- Bunge on its acquisition of Climate Change Capital
- the Versace family on a primary and secondary capital raising from Blackstone
- management of Edgar Consolidated Stores on equity incentive arrangements with Bain Capital
- management on the disposal by Primary and management of GBI (Holdings) to AXA UK plc
- management on its exit from Smartsteam
- management on the partial exit of Steelseries to Catterton Partners
Articled Travers Smith 1986; Associate Baker & McKenzie 1990, Partner Baker & McKenzie 1996-2015.
Radley College, Abingdon, Oxford; Balliol College, Oxford, MA in Jurisprudence
Family, running, tennis, sailing, skiing, theatre, travel.