Corporate & Commercial
I’m a Partner in our Corporate Department, with 30 years’ experience advising management teams, corporates and investment funds on acquisitions, buyouts, joint ventures, equity investments, restructurings, financings and other corporate transactions.
As a former city law firm partner, I offer exceptional perspective, responsiveness and personal attention at non-London fee rates.
My objective is to achieve fair and practicable outcomes with a minimum of fuss and expense.
I have operated within the healthcare, telecoms, education, tech, retail and manufacturing sectors.
Family, cycling, tennis, sailing, gardening, theatre and bee-keeping.
Recent work includes advising:
- Sellers of telecoms, engineering, insurance-broking, scaffolding, education, care home, hotels, online retail, pet food, marine spares, restaurant and grocery businesses on their sales and earn-out or re-investment arrangements
- Buyers on their acquisitions of plant hire, circuit component, ventilation-solutions and automotive components businesses
- Lenders on loan facility and security documentation in a variety of industries
- Borrowers on the refinancing of existing bank facilities
- Investors in start-up pharma and tech projects
- Management on the partial exit and raising of capital from senior debt and private equity providers
- Management on the senior debt and private equity financed MBO of their business
- Shareholders on several Section 110 Insolvency Act de-mergers
- Shareholders on their governance and exit arrangements
Joined Taylor Walton in 2015
What our clients say
"Thank you for everything – we couldn’t have got through it without Simon and his calming influence in particular"
"I’m very happy with how you represented me during this transaction. You seemed to simplify the whole procedure just when we were getting into a bit of a muddle."
"They were supportive, responsive, professional and helped guide and advise us through the most complex legal documents and requirements we’ve ever faced."
"Throughout every stage, they have responded quickly, professionally and have assisted, advised and guided in a friendly and flexible manner. I could not have asked for anything more from any one of them."